Friday, January 19, 2007

Warpless Weaving

I recently heard of a new beading loom that is warpless - sort of. It still has warp threads, but it eliminates the need to weave those warp ends back in. Warp threads are the threads that are strung on the loom prior to weaving. The weaving then goes in and out of those threads. The new loom looked like it would have some limitations, expecially if you do not know the exact finished size of your piece. So I looked further into looms to see if there were any other warpless ones out there. Forgetting to put the word "bead" into my Google search, I found some interesting and truly warpless weaving looms for yarn and fiber. The TriLoom really caught my attention.

The TriLoom is a very simple loom constructed of three boards and many, many nails or pegs. It was easy to build my own over Christmas break. Weaving on the TriLoom is unique. There is no need to warp this loom prior to weaving. This loom can be entirely woven on with just one long piece of yarn - no need to cut pieces off the skein. Weaving on one side of the loom automatically produces the warp thread for future passes and the corresponding weave on the opposite side of the loom. It's really hard to describe. I'll post lots of links, pictures and instructions soon.

1 comments:

Florencia May 24, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Dear Candle,

I have just see your last post about triangle loom and I could´t avoid writing to you.

I have my own brand of weaved itmes and the most of them have been woven by geometrical looms like triangle, square, circular loom, etc.

Please feel free to visit my web page and see how many nice garments you can make with such a simple technique!

www.ullvuna.cl

Also don´t hesitate to ask for any doubts or instructions that you may need.

Best wishes!

Florencia

Privacy Policy

Third-party advertising companies are used to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP