Monday, April 16, 2007

First Cut Length Shawl - Weaving has begun!

Cut Length ShawlHere's a photo of the cut length shawl I'm currently weaving on my 7 foot loom. You can see some of the cut lengths of yarn waiting for me to weave them hanging on the left of the loom. Progress is slow on this as I don't have a lot of free time for my weaving. But I always make sure to weave at least one strand through each day. Shortrow, if you're reading this, you may recognize the blue yarn.

When this one is done, I'll put the experimental shawl back on the loom and see if I can get that one fixed up.


cut length weave close upAnd here's a close up. As always, click the photos to see a larger view.

7 comments:

DEEP END OF THE LOOM April 23, 2007 at 10:34 AM  

I like the colors of the cut thread shawl looks great!!

Donetta May 12, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

Your work is beautiful! Than you for sharing.
Donetta
How far have you come along on it?

temptressyarn August 3, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

Love this technique since I loathe spending the time it takes to add fringe to tri-loom projects--longer than the actual weaving in my experience. This solves that problem very neatly. Are the fringes loose or are you tying each end onto the nails? Can't tell from the pics.
Carrie

Unknown August 5, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

Hi temptressyarn,
The fringes are actually created as a part of weaving each strand through. You don't attatch it at all - it just forms as you weave. Keep watching, I'll post instructions on the cut length method soon and you'll see what I mean.

Anonymous,  August 8, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

Very Interesting! I'm used to single strand weaving. Your approach is very unique.
http://Seabreezespinners.com/

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

I did not know that could be done by hand. It looks so much prettier than what you would get in the store. I want to to say I wish I could do that but it looks like so much work.

Unknown February 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Hi Tamara. The hardest part is nailing in all those nails if you choose to make your own loom. It's really easy to do all the weaving and fun too.

Privacy Policy

Third-party advertising companies are used to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP